Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides natural persons who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Request to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information for a period of time set forth in such verifiable consumer request commencing from a date not earlier than January 1, 2022 through and including our receipt of your verifiable consumer request, subject to exceptions as permitted by applicable law. Specifically, you may submit a verifiable request for any or all of the following:
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting selling, or sharing that personal information, if applicable.
- The categories of third parties with whom we sold or disclosed for a business purpose that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The categories of personal information about you that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
Request to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct our service providers and contractors to delete your personal information from their records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if maintaining your personal information is necessary for us or our service providers or contractors to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise that consumer’s free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Cal. Penal Code § 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
The Site is not directed to children as the products and services on this Site are intended for persons 18 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any personally identifiable information from children. If you are concerned about your child’s use of the Site, you may use web-filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site.
Request to Correct
You have the right, subject to certain limitations, to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we maintain about you. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, and as required by the CCPA, we will take appropriate steps to respond to your request.
Right to Limit Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
Please note that we do not collect or process your sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about you. If we collect or process your sensitive personal information, we do so only for the purposes described in Section 7027 of the CCPA regulations.
Exercising Right to Know, Right to Delete, or Right to Correct
To exercise the right to know or right to delete described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. When you submit a request to know or delete, unless you have provided the authorized agent with a qualifying power of attorney, you must provide your authorized agent written permission (signed by you) to act on your behalf and verify the authorized agent’s identity with us. We reserve the right to deny requests from persons or businesses claiming to be authorized agents that do not submit sufficient proof of their authorization. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request to know or delete twice within a 12-month period. In general, we will attempt to verify your request by asking that you provide identifying information that we already maintain about you, or through use of a third-party verification service. As part of this process, we will ask that you:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include.
- Consumer Name
- Consumer Address
- Consumer Email Address
- Company/Employer Name
- Company/Employer Telephone Number
- Proof of authorization by Consumer to act on Consumer’s behalf (if requestor is an authorized representative)
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to confirm receipt of requests to know, requests to correct, or requests to delete within 10 business days and to respond to such requests within 45 calendar days of the date of receipt. If we require more time (45 additional calendar days, or a total of 90 calendar days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover period contained in the request preceding our receipt of the verifiable consumer request, commencing from a date not earlier than January 1, 2022, subject to exceptions as permitted by applicable law. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For requests to know, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.