Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLEDs) have gained considerable momentum as a new technology for displays and lighting within the last decade. Heraeus provides a variety of aqueous and solvent based dispersions of Poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) or PEDOT, that help to improve performance and processing of OLEDs.
Clevios™ functions in OLEDs
- hole-injection layer (HIL) between the anode and the OLED layer stack
- transparent, conductive electrode, typically the anode
- planarization layer of metal-mesh or rough electrodes, e.g. metal nanowires
Heraeus has been developing dedicated materials for OLED applications for over 20 years. Ton scale Clevios™ HIL materials have been supplied for OLED displays. With extensive chemical, processing, and device laboratories, Heraeus can customize its OLED materials to your specific requirements.
Key benefits of Clevios™ OLED materials:
- excellent transmission with low absorption constants between 380 nm – 800 nm
- availability on a large-scale with installed production lines
- tunable work function (Φ = 4.8 eV to 5.9 eV), and resistivity (0,005 – 300 k Ohm.cm)
- pH neutral aqueous types, e.g. Clevios™ HIL-E 100 or Clevios™ P Jet (OLED)
- non-aqueous, organic solvent type, Clevios™ HIL 8 and Clevios™ HIL Jet 8
- ink-jet printing, slot-die coating, and spin-coat versions
- controlled dispersion properties for very low film roughness (≈ 1 nm)