Increased demand for renewable energy storage and grid balancing will have a number of consequences for the future energy market:
- Battery costs will decrease by 20% year on year to 150 USD by 2020.
- Battery farms and batteries in every building will be an integral part of power generation.
- Vehicles will form a massive electricity storage cloud.
Regardless of the rise of lithium-ion batteries and supercapacitors, advanced lead-acid batteries will have by far the biggest impact on cleaner mobility within the next 20 years. Growth in electro-mobility, electricity storage and decentralized storage systems for renewable energies demands flexible storage capacities, such as lithium-ion batteries or supercapacitors that can satisfy these requirements.
Heraeus has developed
, an additive which enhances ion transportation in your batteries. With Porocarb® , Heraeus offers a solution not only for emerging battery technologies but also for widely-used lead-acid batteries:
- up to +20% higher energy density
- up to +50% higher rate capability
- improved cycle life
- uncompromised safety