A company that wants to remain successful must evolve, which requires analyzing its own strengths and weaknesses, identifying potential for improvement, and initiating development processes. This can be done only with the support of the employees. They are most familiar with day-to-day business and know where the problems lie.
Heraeus Group’s Management asks employees worldwide to confidentially share their opinions in detail in the Employee Opinion Survey (EOS). Areas surveyed included general working conditions, environmental health and safety, customer focus, company strategy, Heraeus Guiding Principles as well as 11 other categories. The results were tabulated at organizational levels and presented to employees in workshops. Employees were involved in submitting suggestions for improvement.
The EOS results are reported in quartiles as each organizational unit is compared to the next level Business Group and to overall Heraeus. The results reports show the relevant organization’s position in relation to the Teams who scored in the Top 25%, the Bottom 25% and the range of the Middle 50%. This varies by question, so there is no absolute. The closer a score is to 1.0 (Strongly Agree), the better the score. Additionally, the 2012 results are compared to the previous survey in 2008.
Heraeus Quartz North America Results:
- No Questionnaire Section Score was greater than 2.0.
- 11/15 questions results (74%) ranked in the Top 25%
- 4/15 questions results (27%) ranked in the Top 50%
- Management Index results in Top 25%.
- Guiding Principles results in Top 25%.
- Satisfaction Index results in Top 25%.
2008 vs 2013 Results:
- 35 questions were directly comparable
- 30/35 questions showed improvement with a range of .1 to .8
- 3/35 questions did not improve or degraded with a range of .1 to .3
Due to the scope of the survey, the EOS is conducted every 3-4 years. All employees at all Heraeus locations worldwide are surveyed at the same time. The EOS 2012 questionnaire was available in German, English, and 16 other languages. Every Heraeus employee who had worked at the company for at least three months at the time of the survey was eligible to participate.