Optical components like windows, filters, polarizers or light guides require the light to pass through the functional direction with minimized distortions. Fused silica optics (mostly plano-plano) have an excellent homogeneity and can be used for a wide range of applications - not just as a transmissive window in harsh environments, also as base material for optical filters and polarizers.
We recommend the following materials for their homogeneity in functional direction (indicated by +, ++, +++). To help with the selection, we indicate additional information. Never the less, feel free to contact our experts.
- Suprasil® 312 (basic material, homogeneity: +++)
- Suprasil® 3302 (improved VUV transmission, homogeneity: +++)
- Suprasil® 2A (good radiation hardness and low fluorescence, homogeneity: ++)
- Suprasil® 2B (good radiation hardness and low fluorescence, homogeneity: +)
- Spectrosil 2000 (low fluorescence, homogeneity:+)
- Infrasil® 302 (natural quartz glass, homogeneity:++)
- HOQ® 310 (natural quartz glass, homogeneity:+)