As the world reaches record levels of power consumption, the need for clean and renewable energy sources is apparent for a sustainable future. There are many alternative power generation sources which might provide cleaner energy generation than those derived from fossil fuels. One such alternative energy generation method is Fuel Cells.
Fuel Cells are a method of high efficiency power production that generates electrical energy through an electrochemical process rather than by fuel combustion.
Heraeus offers many off the shelf items for your fuel cell applications:
- precious metal powders for catalyst
- conductive perovskites and doped ceria conductors
- functional anode and electrolyte supported materials
- sealing materials for ferritic interconnect
- alloys for charge collection
- specialized bonding materials for SOFC cell stacks