What happens during the shoulder joint surgery?
Start of shoulder surgery
- After anaesthesia: patient placed in supine position on the operating table
- Arm and shoulder disinfected and sterile covering put in place
Course of the shoulder surgery
Conclusion of shoulder surgery
- Muscles are sutured and wound is closed using sutures or staples
- Dressing applied and X-rays taken to check the exact fit of the shoulder endoprosthesis
- Skin staples or stitches removed after approx. 12 to 14 days
You have come to the International website. Would you like to stay or be redirected to the US website?
You have not agreed to all cookies, which limits the use of the website and performance. To be able to use our website to its full extent, please agree to all cookies. You can change your preferences in the cookie settings