Statement for Business Partners
The novel Coronavirus presents a major challenge for all of us.
The health and safety of our customers, suppliers and employees is of utmost concern to us.
Some Heraeus Noblelight locations are located in the “at risk” areas. We are closely monitoring the situation of our supply base and are in constant communication with our customers and suppliers.
The governments in many countries have declared a state of emergency which would make it possible to give short term directives, for example an immediate shut down if necessary.
Heraeus Noblelight remains in operation, despite the fact that some of our employees have to stay at home to look after children because the schools and kindergartens are closed.
We have setup a COVID-19 Prevention Management Task Force and developed staged plans to reduce the risk of infections. Within the current status different measures are now effective:
- Withdrawal of access to the plant for external parties and service providers not necessary for maintaining the operational function of our plants.
- Suspension of all national and international business trips.
- Organization of external and internal meetings via Skype.
- Voluntary remote work-from-home for all office-based staff implemented.
- Immediate maximum protection level for critical personnel (e.g. plant fire brigade).
- Canteens are closed for all employees.
- Restriction of contact between employees during shift changes.
- Daily updates and information for employees on current status.
- Increased communication of hygiene rules for private life and at the workplace.
The guidance outlined by the WHO and the National Authorities in the affected areas are currently followed by Heraeus globally.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via your responsible sales contact if further information or guidance is necessary.
Whether in the home office or on site in the office, we are still there for you.