Many parts of automotive equipment require controlled heating during production.
It is the basic equipment of a car : An airbag that opens in case of emergency, a low-noise driver's cab, a well-functioning cooling or heating system. To ensure this in a car, dashboards are molded from plastic panels, provided with noise insulation, and connected to ventilation ducts and airbag shot channels.
- Infrared emitters solve all the heating processes that are needed because they can be precisely matched to the different materials and shapes.
- If the infrared emitters are exactly matched to the coating, the drying process is much more energy-efficient
- Infrared radiation transfers energy without contact and generates heat where it is needed without unnecessarily warming the environment.
Advantages of infrared radiation:
- Infrared radiation is transmitted without contact and ideally suited for heat processes in vacuum
- Infrared heaters with response times of a few seconds are easy to control. Quick on- and off-times help to automatize and save energy
Take a look at Heraeus' wide range of application areas!