50% of all energy costs are caused by large scale grids.
Urban areas in particular will develop microgrids based on standardized systems and integrated design, allowing for a decrease in overall energy transport costs. Big data e-solutions will help to make energy smart for every application.
Smart Energy Generation:
- Big data solutions will make energy consumption precisely predictable for households and factories.
- The internet of things will completely change the energy market. Demand will no longer define supply; supply defines demand.
- Trading and smart usage of electricity will be on an ad-hoc basis automated for everyone, whether private or industry.
- Larger scale renewable energy production creates overcapacities
- Storage is required to bridge renewable energy fluctuations from seconds to months
- Mobility and transport must move on from fossil fuels
- Smart grids require flexible and durable storage solutions