The addition of Heraeus Porocarb® Lion maintains the ionic pathways and electrolyte supply at high electrode loadings and at high press densities. The interconnected network of pores allows for fast electrolyte penetration into the bulk of the electrode compared to electrodes containing conventional conductive additives.
Advantages of Heraeus Porocarb® Lion:
- Increases volumetric energy density by up to +20% due to increased electrode loading and savings in inactive components
- Enables +50% higher rate capability due to ion conducting enhancement
- Reduces process costs by up to 50% due to faster electrolyte filling and aging during cell manufacturing process
- Save 20% inactive material due to doubling electrode loading
- Improves battery cycle life due to homogeneous mass transport and reaction