Some may think fused silica is a simple material and there is little difference in which grade should be used. We see ourselves as experts and hope to help you find the optimal solution for your product. Many factors can be considered before you choose:
- Optical homogeneity (birefringence)
- Transmission and Absorption
- Bubble or inclusion content
- Refractive index and dispersion
- Residual strain
- Resistance to light induced defects or irradiation
As a first way to zoom in on the most suitable material, please select in which wavelength region your optics is going to work. In the following we will present the best options based on the primary function of the optical component and typical applications.