Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To create, maintain, and secure your account, if any, with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with email alerts, correspondence, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our website and present its contents to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To carry out or process employee benefits related matters or offerings.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice. Furthermore, we will not use your personal information for a purpose that that was not previously disclosed to you in this Privacy Notice without first notifying you of this new use and obtaining your explicit consent to use it for the new use.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Category D: Commercial information.
Category E: Biometric Information.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category G: Gelocation Information
Category H: Sensory Data
Category I: Professional or employment-related information.
Category J: Non-Public Education Information
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
- Professional advisors, including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers who provide consulting, banking, legal, accounting, and insurance services.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
In addition to the CCPA, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding certain disclosures of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Requests may be made one time per calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately preceding calendar year (e.g., if you make a request in 2020, you will receive information regarding 2019 sharing activities). You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides natural persons who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, three separate lists disclosing:
- The categories of personal information that we collected about you.
- The categories of personal information that we sold about you in the preceding 12 months and the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold in the preceding 12 months, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, or if we have not sold your personal information in the preceding 12 months, we will disclosed this fact; and
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months and the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose, or if we have not disclosed your personal information for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, we will disclose this fact.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct our service providers to delete your personal information from their records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if maintaining your personal information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
1. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise that consumer’s free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Cal. Penal Code § 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
The Site is not directed to children as the products and services on this Site are intended for persons 18 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any personally identifiable information from children. If you are concerned about your child’s use of the Site, you may use web-filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include.
- Consumer Name
- Consumer Address
- Consumer Email Address
- Company/Employer Name
- Company/Employer Telephone Number
- Proof of authorization by Consumer to act on Consumer’s behalf (if requestor is an authorized representative)
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to confirm receipt of an access, data portability, or deletion request and respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (45 additional days, or a total of 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Unless otherwise permitted by the CCPA, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying you goods or services.
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the updated Privacy Notice on our website homepage and update the Privacy Notice’s last updated on date. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
or +1 215-944-9278 or, for California law purposes, at the contact options described above under Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. You may also write to Heraeus at: 770 Township Line Road, Suite 300, Yardley, Pennsylvania 19067.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on February 20, 2020