With its designed and well-defined internal porosity, Heraeus Porocarb® Lead is the first conductive additive that not only ensures electronic connectivity and nucleation within the electrode, but also enhances ionic conductivity and confinement of discharge products.
Heraeus Porocarb® Lead functional carbon additives have proven to be ideal for use in advanced lead-acid batteries for Start-Stop applications.
- Increases charge acceptance by up to 123% and enables quick recharging in advanced lead-acid batteries for brake energy recovery
- Increases endurance cycle life by up to 100% for a longer lifetime of electrical power systems
- +48% more capacity at deep discharge operations for longer power supply in industrial and automotive applications
Further Porocarb® Lead benefits are
- Dust-free process due to micro sized particles
- Excellent wettability in aqueous electrolytes
- No aggregation and can be easy dispersed
- Enhances diffusion in conversion electrodes
- Maintains open porosity in negative anode