- General Designation: PtRh10 DPH
- Applications: crucibles, glass fibre bushings, electrodes, casting dishes, semi-finished products, glass manufacturing, drain bushings, thermocouple thimbles
- Product Forms: wire, sheet, tube
- Density (g/cm³): 19.9
PtRh10 DPH / Pt-10%Rh DPH
PtRh10 DPH is an oxide dispersion hardened grade of PtRh10.
It is commonly used for applications in the glass industry, e. g. the manufacture of feeder systems. PtRh10 DPH is characterized by high resistance to corrosion and high strength with excellent ductility in the high temperature range (up to 1700°C).
The hardening which results from the oxide particles, represents the most effective strengthening mechanism of the material. Due to the modified microstructure, DPH is considerably less sensitive to corrosion processes along the grain boundaries than comparable materials. These characteristics allow for extended life and results in the precious metal to be used more economically. An example would be reduced wall thicknesses of PtRh10 DPH compared to PtRh10 or increased lifetime.
Density - HT
- Material Behaviour
- Forming Process
- formable, machinable
- IACS Min. (%) [100% IACS ≙ 58 S*m/mm²]
- IACS Max. (%) [100% IACS ≙ 58 S*m/mm²]
- Electric Resistivity - HT¹
- Sources Electrical
- ¹measured and interpolated
- Young's Modulus (GPa)
- Yield Strength RP0,2 - HT²
- Ult. Tensile Strength Rm - HT³
- Tensile Fracture Elongation A - HT⁴
- Creep Rupture⁶
- Property Range
Hardness (HV)Tensile Strength (MPa)Yield Strength (MPa)Elongation (%)
98 - 202 359 - 656 167 - 634 0.5 - 32
- Sources Mechanical
- ¹measured | ²measured | ³measured | ⁴measured | ⁵measured and extrapolated | ⁶measured and extrapolated
- Melting Range
From Temperature (°C)To Temperature (°C)
- Thermal conductivity (W /(m*K)) [RT]
- Thermal conductivity - HT¹
- Specific Heat - HT²
- Linear Thermal Expansion - HT⁴
From Temperature (°C)To Temperature (°C)expansion αL (µm(m*°C))
20 100 8.81 20 200 9.61 20 300 10.02 20 400 10.10 20 500 10.11 20 600 10.10 20 700 10.19 20 800 10.34 20 900 10.47 20 1000 10.54 20 1100 10.62 20 1146 10.76 20 1300 10.89 20 1400 11.02 20 1500 11.21
- Sources Thermal
- ¹measured and interpolated |²measured and extrapolated | ⁴measured
The information in this data sheet contains only general information on the use of our products or examples for their application. They do not release the customer from a careful inspection of the delivered product for its fitness for the customer's particular purpose of use. Any customer's special requests regarding the particular use of a product will only be authoritative if Heraeus has confirmed to the customer in writing at the time of conclusion of a corresponding contract that the product delivered is fit for the customer's intended use. Heraeus, therefore, does not guarantee the correctness and completeness of the information regarding the customer's intended use. The customer's purchase will be governed exclusively by the written order confirmation of Heraeus and the Heraeus General Terms of Sale and Delivery, which are available at www.heraeus.com/gtc. This data sheet may be subject to changes at any time.
Discuss your solution
Get in contact with experts to discuss further steps to find the optimal solution for your process.