Power electronics in industrial use:
Our Condura®.extra substrates are recommended for power electronic modules (e.g. current inverters) using MOSFETs or IGBT semiconductor elements and diodes for widespread application fields in the industrial sector: electric motor drives, e.g. in tooling machines, cranes, textile-processing equipment, automation equipment, etc.
- Welding machines
- Electrical industrial vehicles (e.g. power drives for forklifts)
- Induction heating
- Industrial drives (e.g. escalators, conveyor belts, elevators, robots, and servo drives)
- Uninterruptable power supply to. data centers, hospitals, etc.
- Energy technology (e.g. photovoltaics, wind turbines, and energy distribution)
- White goods (e.g. air conditioners, washing machines, refrigerators, and warm water pumps)
Automotive and traction:
As high-performance circuit carriers for power electronic applications:
- In such groups as power steering, start-stop systems, air conditioning compressors, water pumps, oil pumps, brakes, etc.
- Converters for hybrid or electrical power train
- Battery chargers
- Inductive charging systems
- DC-DC converters
- Rail vehicles such as locomotives, subway trains, trams and cable cars, etc.
- Uninterruptable power supply (UPS) to telecommunication centers (e.g. RF amplification systems)
There are many examples of further markets in which DCBs are already being applied, such as medical technology (MRT, CRT), aerospace, radar systems, heavy building machinery, and looking towards the future, increasingly in agricultural vehicles and aircraft.