High stability long-life and high-intensity deuterium lamps. Using the latest material and process technologies, Heraeus new lamps combine lifetime more than 2,000 hours with unmatched output stability and intensity over their entire life. This sets them apart from other long-life lamps on the market and makes them the ideal choice for high-end (U) HPLC instruments or UV-Vis spectrophotometer.
Deuterium lamp with quartz or UV glass bulb
- The "Enhanced Lifetime Performance (ELP)" technology for Heraeus with a high transmissive synthetic quartz envelope, maintain twice the residual intensity compared to standard D2 lamps at the end of life. The patented ELP coating protects the light emitting part against degradation caused by VUV radiation and reactive plasma components.
- See-through versions of all lamps available
See-through lamps offer a straight-line arrangement of a tungsten halogen lamp and a deuterium lamp in an optical system. Simplification and cost reduction of UV-Vis spectrophotometers can be achieved using this approach, for example, by elimination of a moveable mirror or a semi-transmissive beam splitter. See-through lamps offer the same unmatched high stability and are available with the same diversity of heater voltages and aperture sizes.
- Different spectral ranges available:
lamps are available either with UV glass envelope (cutting edge 185 nm) or with high transmissive quartz envelope (cutting edge 160 nm), providing maximum performance depending on your applications or instrument design.
Types and accessories
Special power supplies for deuterium lamps
Heraeus provides power supplies for various specialty lamps such as mercury, hollow cathode or PID lamps. Since the electric properties of the power supply have a significant influence on the operation of the lamps, the power supplies are tuned to the specific requirements of each lamp to always achieve the best possible performance.Intelligent ignition electronics guarantee long lamp life in addition to reliable and lamp-sparing ignition. The residual ripple of the lamp current influences the stability of the light. Heraeus power supplies are characterised by very low-noise operation.
Deuterium and Tungsten Halogen Fiber Coupled Light Source
The Heraeus HST-DB566 light source has deuterium and tungsten halogen lamps designed to provide spectral output from 190 nm to 2,500 nm. Coupled with a convenient SMA fiber connection, this table top light source offers ease and flexibility for spectroscopic and photon applications. Its small lightweight stand-alone construction includes a DB-15 and a software external control option. Furthermore it provides UV to near infrared light output for spectroscopy, metrology or photochemistry and owns a better signal to noise ratio.In summary the HST-DB566 utilizes the latest technology in deuterium lamps that offers higher intensity, longer life and reduced complexity for users.
- Less instrument recalibration due to improved intensity maintenance over lifetime
- Better signal to noise ratio
- Shorter sampling time
- Higher throughput
- Highest precision analytical results
- Best price/performance ratio and lowest cost of ownership
- High-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- UV-Vis spectroscopy
- Atomic absorption spectroscopy (AAS)
- Thin film measurement
- Thin layer chromatography (TLC)
- Laboratory light sources
- Fluorescence spectroscopy
- Pollution monitoring
- Semiconductor inspection
- Removal of electrostatic charges from semiconductor wafers etc.
- Flash chromatography