Hollow cathode lamps (HCL) are discharge lamps designed for use in Atomic Absorption (AA) instruments. They consist of a cathode made from the element of interest, an anode and an inert filler gas contained in a glass envelope. Heraeus offers the widest selection of single- and multielement coded / non-coded in low and high-current, 37 mm and 50 mm lamps in the industry.
Heraeus hollow cathode lamps are available both for OEMs and as a replacement lamp by discerning users the world over. The range includes standard lamps and data-coded versions for PerkinElmer and ThermoFisher atomic absorption spectrometers. Lamps for use with Smith-Hieftje background correction can also be offered:
- 70 single-element lamps
- More than 120 multi-element lamps with up to seven combined elements
- Customary diameters 1 ½" and 2"
- Low-current and high-current versions
- Standard and encoded lamps
- Available for OEMs and end users
- Long life due to higher gas volume
- Clear signals and low distortion due to special cathode technology
- Can be used for almost any AA instrument