Do you need a reliable, fast and environmentally friendly disinfection without using harmful chemicals or mercury based light sources?
BlueLight® Flash System – surface disinfection for food packaging
Our BlueLight® Flash System is our new solution offering >log 4 reduction at high speeds without using harmful chemicals or mercury based light sources, it has been specifically designed for food packaging disinfection of liquid and viscous food including beverage bottle caps.
- Food packaging disinfection of liquid and viscous food including beverage bottle caps
- Caps from 26mm to 55mm
- >log 4 reduction*
- Speeds up to 90,000 bph
How does UV disinfection work?
- Instant treatment with no warm-up time
- Compact, easy to integrate in any orientation, and can be retrofitted
- Environmentally friendly disinfection with no use of chemicals and is mercury free
- Low energy consumption
- Built in safety – a protective window with breakage detection
- Easy to use with an operator friendly HMI interface, customisable to your process
- Simple lamp module replacement – a cartridge design enables reduced downtime
- Utilises special fused silica quartz for UV flash lamps, unique to Heraeus
- Stainless steel hygienic design lamp module to IP65
- Reflector optimised for maximum UV intensity
- Support, service and commissioning for system integration
Owning a BlueLight® Flash System is more cost effective than you think. Thanks to our years of learning and development with our BlueLight® family of products we are able to bring you the latest in disinfection technology.
- Machine runtime: 3500 h/year*
- BlueLight® Flash system including chiller
- 2 lamp head - 2750v @ 10Hz
- 4.9kW total lamp power
- £ 1.08/h
- Energy cost - £3780/year
(*two shift operation £0.15/kWh/3500h)
|Test material||Distance (mm)||Voltage (v)||Flashes||Inoculation level/ germ||Inoculation||Number of samples||Log rate|