UV LED curing technology has made significant inroads into many printing processes and now offers valuable benefits for narrow web flexographic (flexo) printing, overprint varnishing (OPV), and pressure sensitive adhesives (PSAs) for labels, tags, flexible packaging and shrink sleeve packaging applications.
The top 6 benefits are:
1. Increased production rates and quick turnaround due to significantly faster press speeds and increased uptime.
2. Increased process flexibility and control because UV LED curing units offer dimming controls and less heat to the substrate.
3. Easy to retrofit on existing flexo presses as a result of a small form factor and internal cooling.
4. Improved reliability and consistent print results due to more uniform and stable UV output.
5. Reduced press operating costs because of less energy use, fewer consumable parts and lower maintenance costs.
6. Safer press operator working environment because there is no mercury or ozone with UV LEDs.
Read 6 Ways UV LED Curing Improves UV Flexo Label Converting Processes to learn more details about each of these benefits.