Stable and Efficient
Twin tube heaters distinguish themselves by their exceptional stability and high power density. Fast response medium wave heaters can be supplied in all lengths up to around 6m.
Consequently, it is possible to transfer high power over long lengths. The heaters offer long operating life. Gold reflectors double the effective emitted radiation.
The heaters transfer heat at a medium wave spectrum and are thus particularly suitable for drying processes. The high absorption by surface layers and films makes them particularly applicable to thin materials, while the heaters' penetrative effect renders them highly effective for use in plastics processing.
The heaters can be switched on and off in seconds, making them ideally suited for processes with short cycle times.
Stable and Efficient
- Twin tube heater, tube format 34 x 14mm
- Filament temperature 1500 - 1800 °C
- Peak wavelength 1.4 - 1.6 µm
- Maximum current 16 A
- Mean power density 45 W/cm
- Maximum surface power 120 kW/m2
- Standard heaters are designed for horizontal operation, and are modified for vertical operation.
- Heaters are available in various designs and can be one-side and two-side connected.
- A gold coating of the heater ensures that the effective radiation is virtually doubled.
- Standard, custom and OEM models available
Radiation field of fast response medium wave infrared heaters. Spectrum of the fast response medium wave infrared heater compared with other Heraeus infrared heaters -- taken at the same electrical power for all heater types. In addition to heaters and heater systems, Heraeus also offers a full array of thermal process technology including control systems.
Heaters with One-side Connection (types A and B)
|Total Length GL (mm)||Heated Length BL (mm)||Voltage (V)||Mean Power Density (W/cm)||Mean Power Density (W/cm)||Max. Surface Power (k@/m2)|
Heaters with Two-side Connection (types C, D and H)
|Total Length GL (mm)||Heated Length BL (mm)||Voltage (V)||Mean Power Density (W/cm)||Power Output at 16 A (W)||Max. Surface Power (k@/m2)|