Heraeus Noblelight America was instrumental in pioneering UV rim coating for steel and aluminum beverage cans in the early 1990's. UV coatings provide a slick, highly mobile and very durable surface for the bottom rim of the can as it travels along the conveyor through the manufacturing and filling operations. The UV coatings are typically applied via roller coating by UV curing.
UV Rim Coating Advantages:
- Reduced scrap rates due to jams or leaks
- Reduced maintenance from reduction of metal fines
- Improved corrosion protection
- Increased production rates due to fewer jams causing downtime
- Increased transport capacity of existing conveyor belts
- Little or no VOCs and HAPs